Tuesday, May 5, 2009

~bottomless Bathing Suits

Illusion Democratic

A press campaign and display funded by the European Parliament is seeking to boost participation in the forthcoming European elections to be held in June in all countries of the European Union. I allowed myself to copy here the visuals found there:











But who can believe in 2009 that our vote will have a real influence on issues such as GMOs, nuclear the financial market rules or security policy?

The European Parliament itself has only very limited power, most of the decisions being taken by the European Council and the European Commission. European institutions, as they were built, are in their very nature a means of circumventing effectively the democratic will of the peoples of Europe.

Moreover, like all elections, the voting system that lists the more "consensual" (read: willing to vote on all measures ultra-liberal) will get the most seats.

This campaign advertising is a real sham, where we try to make voters believe that these elections can really improve their lifestyle, influence the progress of decisions taken by European institutions, whereas it is absolutely nothing.

So what? If I had to make a proposal, I would say there is one thing to do: the non-fascist protest vote (away e me to endorse the FN vote or MPF). If small hackers find themselves Brussels with MEPs ready to counter them systematically, maybe something will eventually change. For my part, I would vote for a party whose leader recently appointed is an employee of a public company, but everyone does what he wants.

I want to say that I am not Europhobic. I am a European federation, in a word. I would like the European Union is structured as a democratic state. But this is clearly not the path we have begun to borrow which is purely a European Union economic and commercial. A Europe not at all democratic, which sits on the will of the people as a referendum on Sarkozy sits. This idea is personally unbearable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment